Sunday, June 1, 2008

Veggie Dogs ::shudder::

Two weeks ago, I purchased "Smart Dogs," which are 100% vegan hot dogs. They're soy and they're also horribly disgusting.
I decided that for breakfast today, I wanted chilli with hot dogs. I got my Amy's Organic Chill (which is yummy) and decided to google the best methods for cooking Smart Dogs. Every website recommended steeping them in boiling water as the best method. I tried it out and yuck! I mean, hot dogs are pretty disgusting to begin with but I was hoping I could find an alternative to veggie burgers, which I adore.
My experience with faux meats/cheeses has been pretty horrid so far. I'm scared to try any veggie cold cuts because of this. I think I'll stick to more natural foods which agree with my taste buds better. The only positive I've found is Tofutti cream cheese. Mmm...

No comments: