Wednesday, June 18, 2008

LifeThyme Natural Market

Yesterday, I decided to take a walk down to the Lifethyme Natural Market on 6th ave. and 9th street. I heard it was pretty small but I was curious, especially because I saw that they stocked Sheese (vegan cheese), which I have been looking for forevah!

Lifethyme was your typical small, health store with some yummy essentials and an insane stock of Yogi tea. What really stood out about the market was their delicious selection of buffet foods and pre-made goodies. Their bakery treats also looks irresistible and they have a juice bar! I would have loved to dig into one of the above mentioned treats but since I'm watching my calories, I did not.

As far as Sheese goes, they only had the creamy product in stock and while I would have loved to try it, it was around $11 a package (since it's imported from Scotland and all). Also, I don't mind Tofutti cream cheese so I'm really looking for a hard/melty cheese substitute.

Overall, I think I will visit the juice bar at Lifethyme as a weekly treat to myself (after walking down), but for a major healthy grocery shopping adventure, I'll stick with Westerly.

No comments: