Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Emeril's Hummus di Tahina

Oh Mr. Emeril, you have failed me on this one.

I tried making the hummus recipe I found here. Let me just say that it didn't turn out anything at all like what I had expected.

Photobucket
Here are my ingredients, ready to be used.

Now, it probably wasn't the brightest idea since my "food processor" is actually one of those choppers that utilizes a hand-crank. Trying to mush chickpeas with a hand-crank isn't too much fun and it came out with the consistency of tuna salad. Also, the recommended amount of tahini was waay to much. The recipe is very strongly tahini flavored, and thick.

Here's the final product:
Photobucket

I definitely am not trying this one again.

Just for fun, here are pictures of the injuries I sustained while attempting to make this "hummus."
Photobucket

Photobucket

I am definitely going to have to invest in an electric food processor before I try making hummus again. :)

No comments: