Friday, May 16, 2008

Easy Guacamole

I love guacamole, it's absolutely delicious and I always try to have it in the house. The best part about it is that it's super easy to make and you can use it for sandwiches, tacos, as a dip, etc. Here is a recipe for some quick guacamole I whipped up with some basic ingredients.

1 ripe (softened) avodaco
1/2 small onion
1/2 small tomato
2 cloves of garlic
1 small jalapeno (optional)
salt, pepper, and paprika, to taste

Directions:
Cut the avocado in 1/2 and remove the seed. Using a spoon, remove the avocado from the shell and toss it into a food processor.

Photobucket

Dice up the onion, tomato, garlic, and jalapeno, and toss it into the processor. Season mixture with salt, pepper, and paprika.

Photobucket

Mix the ingredients until most of the tomato and onion have been mixed well in. I like my guacamole a bit thicker than completely mashed so I process it enough just to get a "lump" sort of texture from the onion and tomato.

Photobucket

That's it! Place in a dish and serve.

Photobucket

It takes about 5 minutes to make and stores well in the fridge when covered by plastic wrap.

No comments: