Sunday, November 23, 2008

Red Hot Pumpkin Soup

Since I had about 1/2 a can of pumpkin left after making the cookies in the last post, I decided that rather than wasting it I would whip up some pumpkin soup. I didn't want to lose the pumpkin flavor completely but I also don't like sweet soups so lo and behold, another Violette original! I wouldn't try this one unless you actually enjoy the flavor of pumpkin. :)

Red-Hot Pumpkin Soup
Photobucket

Ingredients
1 tsp. margarine
1/4 cup onion, chopped
1/2 can of pure pumpkin (unsweetened)
1/2 can vegetable broth
1 tsp. red chili paste
2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. all-purpose seasoning
dash of cayenne pepper
1/2 cup water

Directions
Place margarine in a medium sized pot and let it melt.
Add the onions and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Pour in the veggie broth and stir.
Stir in the pumpkin.
Add the dry spices, as well as the curry paste and keep stirring.
Once the spices have been mixed in, add the water.
Let cook for an additional 5 minutes and serve,

No comments: