Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pumpkin Cookies!

It's been sort of a tradition for me to make these cookies every year for Thanksgiving. Since we are having a Turkey Day Pot-Luck lunch tomorrow at work, I decided to make them a bit early.

They're super delicious AND super non-diet friendly. :D

Photobucket
I can't believe the cookies photographed so well through saran wrap!! It looks like it's not even there! I obviously forgot to take a picture when they were fresh out and had already wrapped them for tomorrow. :)

Ingredients:
1 cup butter (2 sticks) - I used "I Can't Believe It's Not Butter - Light" to make it a bit less unhealthy. :P
1 cup sugar
1 cup pumpkin
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 cups flour - I used Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat
lots of chocolate chips! - I use Nestle mini-chips, around 1/2 a bag

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Cream the butter and sugar together.
Add the egg, vanilla, and pumpkin. Keep mixing.
Sift the dry ingredients together and mix into batter-pumpkin mixture.
Once combined, add chocolate chips and mix a little more.
Spoon onto greased baking sheet - I use parchment paper to cut down the grease.
Cook for 30 minutes, checking often.

No comments: