Monday, November 17, 2008

Baby Cabbages!

So I might be in the minority here but I love Brussels sprouts. Even when I was a kid, they were a veggie I thoroughly enjoyed.

After dinner, I was still kinda unsatisfied so I made some traditional Brussels sprouts, and am eating them up right now. :)

Photobucket

Ingredients:
Non-stick cooking spray
10-20 Brussels Sprouts (cut in half)
3 cloves of garlic, diced
1 cup vegetable broth
a dash of your favorite all-purpose seasoning (my fave is George Washington brand)

Directions:
Cut the Brussels Sprouts up and coat a non-stick pan with cooking spray.
Throw the sprouts in the pan flat-side down.
Once the spouts start to get a bit darker, throw in the garlic.
Let it all cook up, and the sprouts get all nice and blackened. Toss them around and let them mix in. Add seasoning.
Pour the broth over the sprouts and let it reduce so that there is no liquid left in the pan.

Serve piping hot as a side or as a yummy snack!

No comments: