Thursday, April 16, 2009

Cleanse

Today I am starting a 21-day cleanse, as described in the book Quantum Wellness by Kathy Freston. Basically this means:
a) NO meat products of any kind.
b) NO alcohol
c) NO caffeine
d) NO sugar
e) NO gluten

Excerpt from an article written by Kathy Freston:
"Doing the cleanse delivers one to a fresh start. It's like a vacation, a reprieve, from our old and tired ways. It is an opportunity to kick start a momentum of consciousness and healing. We can see what it feels like to live on a plant-based diet for 21 days. And if we like what we feel, we can let the momentum we've started deliver us to a whole new level of living. Or it can just be a simple detox, a way to let your body rid itself of all the stored up junk it has had to process throughout the years. I'm not saying it's easy...but it's worth it."

The one problem I am having is that while her Cleanse chapter outlines NOT eating gluten, the back of the book provides many recipes that DO have gluten-containing ingredients. I know when Oprah did this cleanse (heh), she avoided gluten.

I think I will just go all-out and try to avoid it, as well.

No comments: