Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tofu Scamble Terror

Last week, I decided to make a tofu scramble for dinner. I love me a good tofu scramble, that's for sure. Load it up with spinach and mushrooms and I'm in heaven. Now, usually I flavor my own scrambles with the spices I have on hand (always including Turmeric for that yellow, eggy look). This time around, I decided to try a packet of the Fantastic World Foods Tofu Scrambler.


I really, really wish I hadn't done that because I wasted a pound of perfectly good tofu on this not-so delicious seasoning. It smelled terrible and tasted like a moldy kind of sawdust, with some rolled oats thrown in for good measure. It was completely NOT salvageable and I threw out the rest of the seasoning packets without giving it a second thought.

I also have a box of Fantastic World Foods Nature's Burger Mix but after this experience, I'm a little scared to try it!

2 comments:

married to myself said...

Ahhh! Yuck!

I have a good recipe for a tofu scrambler. So yummy. I'll email it to you soon!

Violette said...

Thank you Miss Sara! I also have a really great recipe somewhere in this blog. Heheh. This is what I get for straying from my normal tofu scramble and trying a pre-packaged mix. Yuck!